Hycomp Oil Free gas compressors utilize a crosshead guide cylinder and distance piece design similar to our air compressor, to separate the oil lubricated power end from the oil free air compression end. A plenum chamber beneath the compression cylinder maintains pressure beneath the compression pistons, allowing for full load reversal on the bearings in the bottom end and tight gas containment.
Hycomp reviews the following five factors thoroughly before designing any compressor:
- Material Compatibility: We evaluate material compatibility with the gas packing and ring material choice, corrosiveness of the gas, cost of the gas, safety issues involved with the gas, etc.
- Mixture: We consider properties unique to the mixture. Because when dealing with gas mixtures it is important to examine not only the individual gas constituents and their individual effect on design, but also to examine the mixture as a whole as certain gases interact with others to become more corrosive, toxic or flammable than in their pure form.
- Leakage Control: We assess leakage control options and provide new containment strategies. Personnel and equipment safety rely on tight containment of any industrial gas. Hycomp provides three increasingly tighter methods of gas leakage control, including our ‘B’ series for inert gases, our ‘G’ series for standard industrial gases and our ‘H’ series for extreme gas control.
- Materials of Construction: We gauge compatibility and select materials accordingly. Our range of options for materials of construction include tungsten-carbide coated piston rods and O-ring & trim choices to match the compatibility requirements of most industrial gases.
- Ring and Packing Materials: We have developed a wide range of ring & packing materials specific to various gases and a wide range of applications. We work closely with polymer manufacturers to stay abreast of the latest material developments that will provide better life expectancy and tighter leakage control for your compressor.